Monday 12 January 2015

This and that!

There has been a little bit of everything going on around these parts this last week. 

I've managed a fair bit of sewing even though little baby Jett has left me totally sleep deprived!


Apologies for the truly shocking photo, I think this was taken in the wee small hours as I was trying to meet the deadline! This is half of the paper pieced star I made as my centre block for the Leeds Modern Quilt Guild Round Robin.

I used a template from here for the block and it went together pretty easily, it would have been smoother if I hadn't been so tired trust me!

I'm really excited by the round robin, so much so I never photographed my finished block and it will be a whole year before I get it back! When it returns it will be as part of a quilt that all the other members have contributed toward, cool right? To find out more about how the round robin works just click the link above.

I've also managed to get half the quilting done on the economy block quilt I started this time last year! Shameful I know! 


I had a little helper whilst I was quilting on Sunday, he loves been with me whilst I sew and is very interested in how the magic works! He likes to talk about what he can see on all the fabrics we use.

Aside from sewing, I went to my SIL baby shower this past weekend, it's the 1st baby shower I've ever been to and was lots of fun.


She got lots of lovely presents for her and the baby, the funniest one was a huge basket that looked like it had loads in it but when she removed the top layer of baby clothes it was full of alcohol underneath!!

 I've spent lots of time with two fellas during the week



James the cat is so naughty and is forever climbing into Jett's bouncy chair for a snooze! Jett on the other hand prefers to be a little more upright when he's awake, just look at those chubby cheeks! I've been feeling a little sad that he's growing way too fast, he's already coming out of size 0-3 months clothing and he's only 7 weeks old!

This week also saw me trying to maintain the momentum with my reading and I'm pleased to report I've finished my first book of the year {The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith} and have moved onto this one


I have a feeling its going to terrify me as it's about a stalker, I've read the first 30 pages this evening and will be reading more in bed tonight. With the light on!

I had my first personal training session at the gym this weekend too. Those of you who know me personally will remember I was getting into some serious weight lifting and crossfit before I got pregnant with Jett and my aim for this year is to get my strength and fitness back. Katy sent me this photo of us from Summer 2013 to spur me on as I'm looking super slim and toned!


Look at those collar bones and shoulders and how thin my face is! Woop!

Finally I saw this on Instagram this week and it really resonated with me


I think I'm going to get this printed out for my inspiration wall at home

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy! I don't know how you manage it all on so little sleep. Good luck with your journey back to fitness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you sewing again. Your kids are so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Marged would sit and watch me sew. She either wants to press all the buttons or sit in my lap! Love the idea of a basket full of booze!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips