Sunday 27 May 2012

Retreat linky up!

Are you all excited because I know I'm very excited!


In just 5 sleeps time Hunter and I will be hopping on a train and heading to the smoke for the Fat Quarterly Sewing Retreat.


I've still got mucho to do in preparation for this (as usual I'll be panicking at the last minute). I have got all the gubbins required for each of the classes I'm signed up to, they're just not prepped yet!




The biggest picture in the mosaic shows my white Kona cotton and assorted Cosmo flosses for Aneela's embroidery class which I'm taking on Saturday afternoon. I am a huge fan of Aneela's work and I must confess to hoarding all of her fabric lines and am excitedly awaiting the release of her embroidery book. I actually might pee my pants when I meet her in person which in light of the huge baby I parted with 7 weeks is a very real possibility. Yikes!


The top right picture is my stash of Melody Miller fabrics which I will be using in Lynne's English Paper Piecing class to make a "Postcards from Paris" cushion. Again I'm very excited to be in a class of Lynne's, if only to heckle her from the stalls!! Haha! Only joking Lynne!


The bottom right picture shows my jelly roll of Moda's Half Moon Modern which I will be using in John's Wonky Log Cabin class that I am doing on Sunday afternoon. Again can't wait to meet John and see what his class brings.


I'm also doing Tacha's Paper Piecing class and want to make her fabulous hexagon cushion. I've no idea what the hell fabric I'm using for this one, hence no picture! Think I'll pull from my scraps to coordinate with the cushion I'll be making in Lynne's class.


Everyone will clearly know who I am as I'll be the one with the baby in tow but here's a picture just in case.


So so looking forward to meeting you all and if you're going but haven't linked up yet - go do it now!!




Fat Quarterly

23 comments:

  1. See you next weekend, Justine! I'm doing Aneela's embroidery class too, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh can't wait to meet you and the little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of you. Can't wait for you to heckle!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing John's Wonky Log Cabin class with you on Sunday afternoon so will look out for you and Hunter. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I bring conti pads for Aneela's class? ;o) Looking forward to meeting you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab pic of you, see you soon (I am still really unorganised!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to meeting you! I'm still in complete disarray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh i'm in Wonky cabins with you, see you soon :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are coming baby and all! Looking forward to meeting you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look forward to meeting you next Saturday and cooing over Hunter too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aneela's class is going to be so fab!
    See you and Hunter there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Hunter knows what is in store, cuddles wise! See you there x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can`t wait to meet you Justine and Hunter of course - we have embroidery together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just had a quick read of your previous posts. I too had a very quick labour with my youngest - just over an hour - I was one of those women trying desperately not to deliver in the car. i look forward to meeting you on Saturday. D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fabulous time, so envious can't wait to read all about it
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh we can all play pass the baby while you are sewing! Looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm, you look seriously hot in that picture. Just sayin. I'm not standing next to you if you look like that. m'kay?

    ;-) Loves xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol sorry, just reading Susan and Lauras comments..... agreeing with both of them too... lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have got any classes with you but will be happy getting some time to squeeze the baby. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with the above ladies, I NEVER looked that darned good after having a baby! No fair :-(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've linked up and I'm looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips