Friday 13 April 2012

Introducing.....

Hunter Vincent Henshaw!




The big fella decided to put in a very quick appearance just hours before I was due to be induced! 


The labour lasted just 3 hours from 1st twinge to cuddles and though it was a text book normal delivery, it was very scary due to his unexpected largeness!!




I lost a lot of blood at delivery and narrowly escaped going to theatre, luckily some medication via a drip slowed it down and we were discharged after 12 hours. There was also meconium present which terrified me, the joys of too much inside information due to my job sucks sometimes!!


 
Anyhows Hunter is doing great, he's even gained weight in his first week and now weighs 11lb 3oz!! Mentally I'm back to my happy cheerful self, thank goodness the fed-up moaning me has retreated back to wherever she had been hiding! Physically I think it will be a couple more weeks before I'm anywhere near back to the pre-pregnancy me - bruised is all I'm saying!!!


I hope to get back to my sewing and regular blogging soon, bear with me won't you?




PS: All these pictures were taken with my iPhone and then edited in PicMonkey. PicMonkey is the new Picknik for those who don't know, it's brilliant!!

27 comments:

  1. He is adorable! Take good care of yourself too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so gorgeous! Take good care of yourself and allow others to pamper you as much as they wish ;)
    Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He obviously saw the eviction notice coming and legged it ;o) Hope you're feeling less sore soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just gorgeous Justine. Can't wait to meet him, although he'll have doubled in size by then! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and wow...first 11lb baby I've met...he's adorable. Hope mommy feels less bruised quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww! He is gorgeous! Well done Justine!! Lots of love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Justine and family! How wonderful! He's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and Ouch!!!! What a gorgeous baby boy, congratulations to you all, take care of yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pics of my future roomie. Congrats to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. Hunter is gorgeous. I hope that you recover quickly . Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations Justine, Hunter is a beaut! Hope you're feeling less bruised soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH!!!!! Well done. I'm so happy for you. He is one lovely baby boy. Give him a hug from me LOL.
    xxxxxxx
    Take care you both xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many congratulations, he's a handsome boy.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super massive congrats, he's so lovely. Couldn't be happer for you. Heal fast! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! My sister always has large babies..... her little girl was over 12lbs!!.... it's good to see she's not alone! What a handsome boy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh he's a beauty, congratulations! I hope you heal soon and try not to do too much to soon. Enjoy this special time with him.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, I'm so thrilled he's arrived safely Justine - massive congratulations! I can't ebelieve what a big lad he is - almost twice the size mine were! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! Great to hear that both of you are safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats again! He's gorgeous, and well done you and him for his weight gain - that's so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous little/large young man x Congratulations, our little man celebrated his 1st birthday on the 9th, and like you had the meconium, though he ended up fighting for his life in scbu, managed to pull through within 48 hours though, the longest and most painful of my life I can tell you that.. But like I say, now a year old and soo full of mischief its untrue... four teeth smile and lovely cuddles - dont tell my partner but... shhh (I would love another to go with the four) I would have to change my title then????

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness he's a big boy!! Great to hear that he made it here safely and that you are both doing well (aside from the trauma and bruising!). We're just back from holiday and I scanned down my huge google reader list hoping there would be a post from you about Hunter - and, yipee, there was! Take care and hope you all continue to blossom. Love, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Well done you. I thought my Sam was big at 9lb 13oz. He's a whopper!! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. He really is adorable! So pleased for you x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwe, congratulations! I know I'm late to the party, glad to hear you are all doing good :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the name Hunter Vincent. Yay yay!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips